Our goal is to provide YU faculty an easy way to create and maintain a simple website using a web-based Content Management System (CMS). We have chosen WordPress as it has an easy-to-use interface and is scalable to accommodate many websites on campus.
- Free. No charge to use the service.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Web-based editing, no desktop software needed
- Built-in Search
- Embed images and video for a multi-media experience
- Website is hosted for you
- Limited to editing via the WYSIWYG toolbar (with some basic HTML allowed)
- No programming access.
No FTP access.
- If you have a website created in Dreamweaver or another web development program, you will not be able to upload your HTML pages. All of your content (Posts and Pages) reside in a database. You can recreate the pages and copy and paste the content.